Sunday, January 4, 2009

Burpee with Caution

Though it's been easy to bang out my burpees pre-gym workout, I decided that it'd be best to start doing a set in the morning. So today, I got out of bed, staggered around semi-conscious for a few minutes, and then got into burpee position. I put my hands down, jumped my feet back, and promptly slammed my face against our hardwood floor. Lesson learned: Regardless of how textured (read: dry, scaly) your feet are, use caution when burpee-ing on smooth surfaces. I'll be lacing up my sneakers for days 5-100.

4 comments:

  1. I just laughed out loud envisioning this! thank you for the warning...even though i'm sure some morning i will sleepily do the same thing... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...I did the same thing on day two! Socks + tile = faceplant is apparently math that sleepy Hoop couldn't do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crocs are an equally bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hotel room floors are a bad idea as well.

    ReplyDelete