Since it is day 99 (enter huge smiley face here) and since we are now in the final stretch and the work is that much harder, I figured I'd put a post out to state all of the great things about burpees. We have had PLENTY of posts on why we hate them - but I'm going to restrict comments to this post to ONLY GOOD THINGS...here is what I like about burpees, and the effects from them that I've seen in the last 99 days that I've been doing them:
1. Muscle tone (yeah!)
2. Significant increase strength (arms, shoulders, quads)
3. The ability to walk up the numerous stairs in my subway station without becoming winded
4. Form has become crisper/easier. eg: The jump out, the jump in, the push-up and jump up all actually flow together.
5. Shoulder pain from nagging rugby injury has for the most part subsided
6. Having a consistent (and "never gets old") conversation topic amongst my group of friends
7. Completing something that on the first day, I never thought I would complete. I have this huge sense of accomplishment that I never anticipated having
8. Doing burpees everywhere and getting strange looks for it - I love the list that this group has created!!
9. Having a great wake up call in the morning. After doing 4 sets of ten as soon as I get out of bed, the level of energy I have for the day has increased significantly
10. That they are (almost) OVER!!!!!!!
What do you like/love about burpees??