Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Day 34: Burpees with my MPODS

I'm in Cleveland, Ohio, working on my master's program. Its called an MPOD because its a Master's in Positive Organizational Development, a mouthful, and that's why we call it MPOD for short. People who are in the MPOD program? MPODS.
I was down 120 burpees when I got here due to an unfortunate run in with a flu virus for a couple of days. Now I'm in class from 9 to 6, every day. What better way to stay energized than do some burpees throughout the day? However, I didn't want to completely alienate my fellow students and decided to adopt the same strategy as when I embarked on this challenge: recruit support! I have sold burpees to the class as a fun (and funny) activity to do on breaks. Also, I told them that I could really use their help. If they ask me to do a burpee with them, I'll do more.
End result: I've done all my burpees for Sunday, Monday and Tuesday (the 3 days I've been in class) and I've caught up on 59 more than that. Also at least 12 out of 42 MPODS have also gotten some healthy exercise. Yeah yah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment