Monday, February 9, 2009

Day 50 Challenge Anyone?

I was talking with some fellow burpeers yesterday and present a challenge for anyone interested. Dan R seems to have already taken the challenge, buying in with 820 burpees and doing sets of 50 at a time! (Crazy!!!)

The Challenge: On day 50, do all 50 burpees at once, as fast as you can, and time it. Make this your workout for the day, or part of it, etc. See how fast you can crank through them. I will post the challenge on day 50 and you should add your time to the comments. Even if it takes you longer than you thought, try it! We will repeat the challenge at days 75 and 100 to see if you can improve your overall time! Nothing like adding a challenge to a challenge!

Who's in?

8 comments:

  1. I made up 113 today and, while it was not the most pleasant aspect of my workout, I did much better than I was expecting. Maybe it made me cocky, but I'm definitely in for some timed burpees! Woo-hoo 100 day burpee challenge sub-challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great!! I also liked Dan from Madison's ladder back down to 1 idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in since that is how I have been doing it all along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All caught up as of 10:48 PM. Bring on day 42!

    Am going to run 50m sprints in between sets of 10 to further stress my cardiovascular system. Noticed that my time falls off after 20 reps just as my breathing goes to crap...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dan R that is impressive! Today I cut out my breathing break at 20 and just kept going to time them and it took 4:15. Also my pushup form suffered more - I am amazed at how much recovery happens in a 30 sec breather!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will take this challenge at day 50. Any kind of extra motivation is good right now. That being said I am really enjoying myself as sick as that sounds. I look forward to the burpees daily and my goal is to not miss a day, which I haven't so far.

    ReplyDelete