It wasn't a number that Frankie is wrestling with, but it weighed on me all the same. AT some point I was down 124 burpees. Today, I only had to do 87 to start back at 28 tomorrow. I was sidelined by a lower back injury for 4 days and was feeling a bit tentative about getting back into the swing of things. Ways I got back into the game:
1. Did make-up burpees with fellow burpee-ites when I saw them. Just sets of 10 here and there.
2. Kept track.
3. Allowed myself to step back and step up into and from the extended pushup position in order to make them up. So, the focus was on just doing what I could, instead of using my injury as a reason to stop doing them. I'm back to jumping form now.
4. Talked about it positively the whole time: I WILL come back.
5. Broke it down into sets of 10
6. Embraced the fact that this challenge is going to require more of me than just doing the burpees. For example, I'm also going to have to stretch :).
Feels like a good victory for the day to be back!!!!