Friday, January 23, 2009

Dirty, Filthy Cheat

Unsurprisingly, burpies have started to creep and scratch their way into my life. For example, when I have been pressed for a work out in the past few days, I have done a series of body circuits (think core work, wall sits, jumping jacks etc) that have included 50+ burpies IN ADDITION to the burpies I am doing for the challenge.
So here is the philosophical/ ethical question; Can I count these 150+ burpies towards my challenge total (and take a few days off? The idea of Catching Up indicates you can bank burpies as well) Or would this break the spirit of the challenge? Also, what if I really just need an off day?
ARGH Psychic Dissonance! Help!

2 comments:

  1. In the rules that I use it says you can count those Burpees toward your total. I don't see any problem with it.

    Rule 5:

    http://www.crossfitsantacruz.com/crossfit_santa_cruz/burpee-challenge-details.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read that rule that if you happen to be doing burpees as part of some other work out, you can count them for that day - but the idea of banking doesn't hold...Frank wrote about this I think in one of the earlier posts...personally I feel it depends on how you are taking the challenge. If you want to complete 5,050 burpees in 100 days - so be it - how you do those should essentially be left to you...
    if you want to do more more everyday...then maybe those of us who are playing catch up...are missing the point...
    beauty is in the eye of the beholder

    ReplyDelete