Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day 6: Murphy's Law (of Burpees)

So today I made a major error in the sequencing of my burpees which if not for the fact that it's only day six could have been fatal.  I thought I'd share as a cautionary tale.  As I am not a morning person, I have been avoiding my burpees in the morning and instead doing them as part of the warmup before my workouts.  However today happened to be the day that 1. I forgot and 2. I mustered up the courage to do the "Murphy" WOD from crossift.  For those unfamiliar, the workout is (from crossfit.com) -  "For time: 1 mile Run, 100 Pull-ups, 200 Push-ups, 300 Squats, 1 mile Run, partition the Pull-ups, Push-ups and Squats as needed, start and finish with 1 mile Run."  (There is also a recommendation to wear a 20lb vest or body armor - riiiiiiiiiiiiight)

Anyway, I'm sure you can imagine how fun burpees are after doing 200 push-ups and the rest of that WOD.  Just another reminder that anything that can go wrong throughout the day will and better to get the burpees over with first.

No comments:

Post a Comment