Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ecce! Puella est rabidus!

I took four years of Latin in High School…yes, I’m a dork. The roots of words always intrigued me, such as “paena insula”, which literally means “almost island” and is where we get the term “Peninsula”. Along these lines we can take the word “pro” which means “for” or “on behalf of” and combine it with “Cras” which means “tomorrow” and together they literally mean “for tomorrow”. (Pro also sparks a political joke: If con is the opposite of pro, what’s the opposite of progress? Congress!)

What I’m trying to say here, is that over the past four days I was practicing this latin term instead of doing my burpees. It's been since Sunday. I have no good excuse really, just a lot of little ones that added up.… So this morning it was time to put up or shut up. Bleary eyed, I found the best space yet in my apartment and proceeded to burpee 54 times. No, not in a row! In sets of ten to twelve...and maybe with water and some stretching in between. And it didn’t feel so bad actually, so I have hope for the bigger days ahead.

Another thing to come of this procrastination was also a Burpee excel sheet. Now, if I don’t complete the full amount for any particular day and that adds up to other not-complete days, I can instantly get totals to see what has to be done to get back on track. And if anyone wanted to know, we have done 120 Burpees in total!

Now, if you'll excuse me the Useless Information phone is ringing...

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you made those burpees up, KT!!! Keep it up! No more missing of the days...bad for you ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will hurt a lot more if you miss 65, 66, and 67 for instance. Good job on catching up though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work catching up! I love the excel idea. Maybe we should rig up a counter on the sidebar that shows how many burpees in total we've done?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had my first grade math whiz figure it out the other day. 5055 I think was his answer. On a separate note... anybody have any math challenges to keep this kid busy?! ;-)

    ReplyDelete