Friday, January 2, 2009

Day Two: Double or Nothing

Yesterday All Comers handily beat a gracious New Bronxchester side who had traveled from far and wide on the fields of Prospect Park. After the game, all Burpee-ites lined up for one last instruction on the mechanics of the burpee and then launched the Challenge with a 30 person strong Burpee. It was exhilarating.
In some ways, the beginning is the hardest. We go from doing nothing to being IN the burpee challenge. Today, we double our numbers, from 1 to 2. I'm sure it will be all smooth sailing from here. Hahemm. If you hit a road bump or found some extra motivation, leave a comment; shared pain is half the pain and shared happiness is double the happiness, right?
First, a question for any followers of the blog: how are you planning your burpees into the day?

5 comments:

  1. i have to say that was one of the best burpees ever yesterday! i do hope to still see that enthusiasm 30, 60, 99 days down the road (well, 98 after today).

    having tried the 100 day burpee challenge this past fall (it is way too much to tackle during the rugby season - 30 burpees after 80 minutes of rugby - hell no!) i can say that rolling out of bed and knocking out at least 5 or 10 is the way to go. it'll wake you up, get you moving for the day, and the motivation to get the remainder done will stay high. if you leave them all for your evening workout, its easy to get discouraged, put them off, etc. and nothing's worse than missing day 27 and then having to do 55 (27+28) on day 28....

    also, there are plenty of us doing this, so grab a partner and do them together. days 1-20 are easy enough alone, but in no time at all we'll be looking for motivation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm already mentally preparing for doing sets of 10 throughout the day. Until we get to the upper numbers I'm planning on doing them right after I wake up before I shower in the morning...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm at my grandmother's house in PA, so I usually have an audience when I do mine--they either ask what the heck I'm doing, or cheer me on. Love is felt all around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesterday's burpee was awesome! I did my two this morning when I got up. I think you're right, knocking them out early is the way to go, at least for the first few weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sets throughout the day seem to appeal most to me, though I'm going to try to build sets of 20...and space them throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete