Friday, January 9, 2009

Day 9 - Divide & Conquer

Wednesday night I managed to tweak my right shoulder a bit while working out. The thought of even just 8 burpees yesterday on my off workout day seemed like torture. So, I made the conscious decision to hold off and combine with today's - leaving me with 17 burpees.

Since my shoulder still doesn't feel so great, I've been dividing up my burpees as much as possible throughout the day. 5 this morning, 5 this afternoon, and will break up and do the remaining 7 over the rest of the day.

I know that breaking them up so much will not really give me any cardio benefits, but right now I'm just trying to get through them so they don't pile up.

Strategerey (Strategy) is key - so if your body says it needs a break, make sure to listen. Just have a plan for when and how you plan to incorporate them in the following days. Missing day 8 and adding them is very different than missing day 38 or day 78..

No comments:

Post a Comment